That’s right friends, it’s that time of the year… again! Can you believe this will be our 5th year doing our holiday shopping together? Time sure does fly when you’re having fun ❤️ Whether you are an OG or new here at LTL, welcome- I am so happy you are here! Let the holiday tunes play while you cruise the first of our holiday gifts guides. TIS THE SEASON, my friends!
Why Sibling Gifts?
Every year I make sure to compile at least one of these Sibling Gift Guides. In fact, the majority of our holiday gifting for the kids here at Casa Rice falls into this category — gifts are are meant to be shared between Chickie and Teddy or the whole family. Santa typically brings stocking stuffer-type gifts for each kiddo and 5-6 gifts for both kiddos and the family. In our view, this is a way to cut down on the materialism (and costs!) the season can sometimes be plagued with while promoting family unity and togetherness, aka – the true meaning of the Holidays ❤️🎄✨ So, below you will find just that — a list of thoughtfully curated gifts meant for your kiddos to share and play together, allowing you at least one morning cup of coffee in peace, guaranteed — even is just on Christmas Day 😇.
Sporty Sibling Gifts
- Good Wood Mini Golf Set: My kids received this mini golf set as a gift and they really love it – bonus points for how cute it is! I love this set because it’s durable (made from pine wood!) and promotes open ended play as it can be configured many different ways. You can read more about what are open-ended toys and their benefits here. Oh! And if you want to go all out on the golf theme, the matching golf mat is just adorable.
- Deluxe Archery Set: Safety arrows keep kids, walls and pets safe. We don’t have this set but it looks awesome, not to mention GREAT for improving hand eye coordination, aim and strength. This set is the perfect sibling (and whole family) gift as the tension can be adjust it to make it more (or less) challenging.
- NightBalls: I got my nephews this light up soccer ball last year and it was an absolute HIT! I was worried it wouldn’t be comfortable enough to actually play soccer with it but happy to report I was wrong. It’s awesome! Also comes in basketball and football versions. Great gift for siblings that are multiple ages – my sisters boys are 5-12 and all thee of them loved this gift!
- Bamboo Standup Swing: You can hang this bamboo “surfboard” to a tree, swingset or just about anywhere, outdoors. Made by hand from sustainable bamboo the “Swurfer” is designed for kids to surf through the air up to 15-20 feet. Did I mention it’s easy to instal on the go (think park or camping trip), can hold up to 200 pounds and has a one year 100% satisfaction guaranteed? 🙌🏽
- Jungle Gym Bars: These guys hold up to 180 pounds and can be used both indoors and outdoors. They are made from sustainable birch wood and finished with a non toxic acrylic wood sealant to extend life and ease of cleaning. Very, very cool!
- Ultimate Activity Gym: I shared this guy last year and TONS of you grabbed it. I can’t say I’m surprised, LOOK AT THIS THANG– the ultimate playground alternative at home for kids of all ages! Featuring a slide that reverses to a climbing wall, swing, a rope climber, monkey bars, ladder, and basketball hoop this activity gym just could not pack more fun. It’s made from study beechwood, too!
- 2 Pack of Gliders: Gmpa got these for Chick and Teddy last summer and they are GREAT. I’ve seen kiddos as old as 12 years old (as well as my husband) be totally and completely fascinated by these gliders! The back flap can be positioned to do loops or go longer distances. Love this inexpensive gift that packs a punch 🏽
Crafty Sibling Gifts
Giant Coloring Posters: We purchased one of these OMY coloring posters at the beginning of the pandemic and really enjoyed coloring it in as a family. They are BIG and the paper is thick, a great crafty family activity!
DIY Crown & Tiara Kit: This mess-free crafting kit looks SUPER cute. It comes with precut tiaras, crowns and stickers for your kiddos to decorate. This brand in general is adorable – this reusable bracelet making bead kit would also make a great sibling gift.
Art Easel: Available in light wood, white and a pretty blue this two sided art easel makes for a great gifts for siblings! It is very easy to assemble (only 8 screws) and durable. Once side of the easel is a chalkboard and the other a whiteboard. It also comes with a refillable paper roll to let your little Picassos’ imagination soar! Importantly, the easel comes with a lifetime warranty and is made from sustainable wood.
Magic Kit: Need I say more? Recommended for kiddos age 4 and up, this magic kit comes with a fully illustrated step by step guide and props your kiddos can use to master up to 20 tricks! Learning magic with a sibling would make it less intimidating, I think? Also – is there anything cuter than a family magic show?
Christmas Craft Party: Last year, this same brand’s Craft Library made it onto our Sibling Gift Guide. This year, I’m switching it up slightly to include their Christmas Craft Party Set—a set that includes everything your kiddos need to get crafty on Christmas morning.
Picasso Tiles: Not necessarily a “craft” but a BIG set of Picasso Tiles is the ultimate siblings and whole family gift! Not even the moodiest teenager can resist building with these colorful 3D magnets.
Scratch Art: My kids LOVE scratch art and it comes in really handy when traveling or going our for dinner. This Dino activity pack also looks awesome for siblings on the go – it comes with 30 tear-off activity sheets, stickers and markers.
Origami Kit: Fine motor skills with a side of mindfulness? Sign. Me. Up! Like the magic kit, this origami kit comes with an illustrated, step by step guide to make creations in 3 different sizes and 6 different colors. It’s my first time purchasing from brand Open the Joy (same makers of the magic kit above) and I’m excited give them a try! Their toys are designed to foster emotional intelligence and support mental heath through play.
Boardgames for the Family
Guess Who?: A repeat from last year because we are BIG fans of Guess Who? in our home! This year, my plan is to buy this Etsy template of the board cards to make a Panama extended family edition to help them remember everyone’s name! Wouldn’t that make an epic auntie gift for anyone with a big family?
Arcade Basketball Game: I gifted this life-sized old school arcade basketball game to both my sets of nephews a couple of Christmases ago and they were a hit! Does it technically belong in the sporty gifts section? Maybe. But I’ve committed to classifying it as a game and I am very stubborn. 😂
TableTalk: A gift that keeps on giving! Conversation cards to use over family dinner to promote conversation, teaching kids how to be the perfect dinner guest in the process! My little people learning to initiate, encourage, and include others in mealtime conversations? A big yes for me — and important life skill.
Spottingtown: A Where’s Waldo type board-game with interchangeable boards to keep everyone guessing! We play a very similar card version of this game on the go – it’s called Eye Found It and it would make a great stocking stuffer. I can’t wait to upgrade to Spottingtown! A good spotting game can entertain ALL ages.
Mindful Kids: I read about this game a bit ago and have been eager to try it since– it’s billed as an intro to mindfulness for kiddos ages 2-7 that requires a little help from adults but will arm kiddos with lots of tools to combat anxiety and promote mental health from a young age. It’s a big spinning top and 6 discs with different techniques and guide (also available in video form).
Pocket Money: Recommended for ages 4 and above, Pocket Money is a board game that teaches your child the true value of money and helps them learn financial literacy in a fun and exciting way. With a minimum of two players needed for play, it’s the perfect sibling gift with the added benefit of supporting a black owned brand.
Walkie Talkies: The cousins got walkie talkies as a gift last Christmas and it was by far the most used Christmas toy! This set is great because of its long range – there’s also 3 walkies a set, versus the traditional two packs. I’d grab two packs so mom, dad and friends can join in on the fun!
Simon Game: A classic for a reason — Simon is the electronic game of lights and sounds in which players must repeat random sequences of lights by pressing the colored pads in the correct order. It’s a little loud but SO FUN to do as a family!
Jumbo Coloring Cardboard “Gingerbread” House: Now this will DEFINITELY get you that Christmas morning cup of coffee in peace, am I right? We got a similar one for the cousins (ages 3-11 at the time) some years ago and they worked together for HOURS on their masterpiece! At only $20, that’s a lot of bang for your buck.
Rhinestone Bluetooth Boombox: Old-school boomboxes are old school no longer! Who knew? So obsessed with this rhinestone covered light up bluetooth speaker complete with a phone holder. The perfect addition to any shared sibling space aka we need it for our basement…
There you have it, friends — starting the holiday season with a gift guide BANG 💥 Look out for the next one soon!