Hi friends! It’s hard to believe another week has gone by, huh? March 22nd marks the FOURTH “This Week on Stories” post!!! I’d love to hear how you’re liking this new feature and how much you’ve used it. If you are looking for last week’s stories post (new outdoor mat, Chickie’s podcasting essentials…) here.
- Sunday things: First things first, I’m still OBSESSED with the $15 Amazon sunglasses!!! Unfortunately, the sale on these exact jeans is over, but you can find them at their usual $98 here. There is a different color (non cropped version) on super sale with with code ‘PLUS50’ here. My shirt is very, very old. Chickie’s bike is here. I’m super into our new farmhous-y planter (size large featured on top of the table), you can find it here.
- This week, my clean beauty favorite Follain is offering 15% off site wide with code SPRING15! I will of course be stocking up on my favorite skin tightening body oil, their refillable Everything Soap, my favorite cleanser in the world and lots of others beauty favorites, linked below ✨ If you are looking for a hand sanitizer that won’t destroy your sensitive hands, I cannot recommend this one by Organic Bath Co. more! If you are looking for a clean deodorant, this is my pick.
- Mystery chapter books: We got the feeling Chick (almost 5) was ready for chapter books about a month ago, so we broke out The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh— a GORGEOUS leather bound book a family friend gifted us for Chick’s baby shower. Turns out, we were right! Chick has been reading Winnie the Pooh with Grampa every night and is almost done!!! Over the weekend, we got together (Chickie, Grampa, Dado and I) to pick our next chapter book and little miss chose mystery as the genre. After doing some research — what does Nancy Drew teach about beauty standards? Does reading level coincide with age appropriateness? — we settled on Malcolm and Midnight and the first in the Maisie Hitchins series.
- Malcom at Midnight is supposed to be a cute mystery with valuable lessons on acceptance and inclusion. Malcom the rat is the new 5th class pet and newest member of the school’s Midnight Academy, a secret society of classroom pets tasked with keeping the kids safe. Rats have a terrible reputation! So when the Academy’s iguana leader is kidnapped, Malcolm must prove his innocence—and show that even rats can be good guys. Sounds cute, right??
- Maisie, on the other hand, is a book series following 12 year old Masie– a strong girl and lady detective in the making. We will be starting with the first of EIGHT books in the series is, The Case of the Stolen Sixpence. Chickie LOVED the fact that Masie has a puppy sidekick, just like her! In reading reviews it sounds like Maisie’s values around girl empowerment and beauty align with our own so we are excited to get cracking on this case!! You can find the whole series here.
- City afternoon essentials: As you might have seen, yesterday we went scootin’ to the Seaport. It was so fun! We are OBSESSED with the kid’s scooters-– they great value for the price and they’ve held up really nicely, you can read more about them here— but yesterday’s MVP was our RadioFlyer Wagon. It is SO sturdy and it’s big wheels make even the nastiest city sidewalk smooth for the riders. Also linking our favorite kiddo masks and Chickie’s mask chain below.
- Stainless steel lunchbox of my dreams: As you’ve seen in this (and really every week’s) Stories, I am obsessed with Chickie and Teddy’s lunchboxes. Chick’s is over 2 years old and still looks and works GREAT. I used to hate making lunches until we got this guy-– it’s so fun to fill all the little compartments!!! Yes, it’s $85 but in my opinion its worth EVERY PENNY. More fun lunchbox tools linked below ☺️
- Fridge Calendar: This is our third year purchasing it. Its a great way to keep family activities calendared in one place for all to see. Truly cannot recommend our fridge calendar (also available without a magnet) enough!
- Sleep Sack: We used a mix of traditional and velcro swaddles for the kiddies for about 3 months and then transitioned them into these sleep-sacks, (from a Massachusetts female owned company!). Chickie used them well in into her third year on earth– Teddy is 2.5 and still rocking them every night (inside out so he can’t take it off 😅). They are soft and durable– Teddy is still using big sister’s!! Gunamunas are the only BIG sleep-sacks I’ve found– I swear I could fit into their 24-36 month size 😂You can find more of my newborn essentials here. For winter months, check out their duvet version!! These sleep sacks feature zippers ALL around so when they are young you can unzip the bottom only for middle of the night diaper changes– lifesaver!